December 24, 2011

We are so outa here

I can't believe I finally made it through all of my lists and pretty much finished everything I needed to.

We had a lovely white Christmas (one day early) where Jas got everything she wanted from Santa; including the princess barbie doll and a kai-lan sticker book. It was so nice to have a mellow celebration and keep the excessive holiday toys to a minimum.

Plus she got her big-girl ready to take on the world first backpack, a Deuter Jr., from Grandma. She loves it and we loaded it up and she wore it around the house so so proud. And just in case you people out there think I am treating my 3 yr old like a pack mule... She is carrying a change of clothes, her stuffed doggie, a water bottle (empty of course since she might try to smuggle explosives onto the airplane with it), 4 pull-ups, a go-fish card game, a headlamp and a few snacks. Total weight approximately 5 lbs. Mommy will be carrying everything else in her backpack plus day pack. Total weight approximately 40lbs.

We are going to attempt to go carryon, since we only have 1 USA flight and it's a puddlejumper. So hopefully we won't have to fight for our overhead big space.

A big THANKS to my friend Wendy for taking us to the airport at 5:30AM on Christmas morning. You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment