December 30, 2011

Temple Day at Borobudur

Today we got to visit our first temple at Borobudur, which is an ancient Buddhist temple located a little outside of Yogyakarta. We did the morning tour (left hotel at 5am) and it was amazing to be there before all the crowds arrived. Jasmine climbed all the way to the top and even walked around a few of the levels with me.
Temple from afar

After a long hot morning at Borobudur we returned to the hotel for a swim. I like having a place with a pool, but I think Jasmine loves having a hotel with a pool.
Delta Homestay, we like it a lot, especially the pool
So tomorrow we leave Yogyakarta and are headed for the volcano Bromo. I booked a tour that in theory will take us by bus to the volcano (11 hrs) then a place to stay, jeep tour to the volcano, and then a bus to Bali. In my past experience with these type of tours it can be a crap shoot as to whether it actually happens as expected and in the timeframe promised. Plus I talked to some Dutch today who told me they couldn't book for the New Year at Bromo because it was sold out, so I am hoping when we get there we actually have a room.

1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating journey, Becky. Thanks for sharing this. Great pictures from far off lands I hope to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete