November 19, 2011

T minus 36 Days: Potty training

And I am freaking out. Because we are still not fully potty trained. Potty training has been the bane of our existence. Jas has accidents all the time including the poopy kind. She is by far the oldest kid in her school still having problems. And I am about to pull my hair out in frustration. I have been planning on taking pull-ups for the nights but if we need them in the days or she has accidents while traveling I am not sure how we will handle that.

The thought of not having to deal with someone else's "bathroom functions" again is a dream I dare not live. Argh! The more I push to get her ready for this trip the worse she gets. So I went the other way and ignored it and she still has accidents all the time. So then I tried rewards (stickers) and that works most the time. Unless of course she is at school where they don't give her stickers then she has accidents.

So we are at an impasse. Right now I am functioning on the hope that it will all work itself out and there won't be so many accidents that it makes our trip miserable. Everyone cross their fingers for us.

I guess this is the payback for never having any sleep issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment